Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fitness 101 - Meal Prepping

 
 
I think the first thing to conquer when trying to eat healthy is
learn how to meal prep.

Here are a few tips to help you:

- Pick a day...I usually choose Sunday for the big prep and Wednesday to cook more veggies and carbs. This will take at least an hour or two depending on how much you need to prep.

- Make a list of what you want to cook and ingredients needed.

 





- Buy a food scale and use measuring cups. If you eyeball your portions...you're probably eating too much.

- Cook in Bulk. I cook tons of meat once a week and freeze in baggies. I usually grill about 9 pounds of chicken and lean beef (maybe more?) and freeze for use throughout the week. I package individual servings into baggies. Servings are about 4oz for me and 6-8oz for dudes. I use this meat for quesadillas, tacos, sweet potato nachos, stir frys or whatever else your creative mind can think of.




- Roast your veggies and cook your healthy carbs a couple times a week. Good veggies to use are asparagus, bell pepper (red,green,yellow), Brussels sprouts, carrots, zuchinni, squash. Good carbs to use are sweet potatoes, make sweet potato fries, red potatoes, rice cakes, rice




- Prep your Tupperware and snacks for 3 days worth. If you have it there and ready...it's easy to grab and eat. Choose a protein, a carb and veggie plus a healthy fat

- Have healthy snacks on hand. Some of my favs are hummus with pretzels or veggies, Quest Bars ( vanilla, cookies n cream and raspberry white Choco are really good), string cheese, red jello, rice cakes topped with almond butter, greek yogurt sweetened with fruit

- Buy a good protein powder to make shakes or smoothies. I like Beverly International Casien in Vanilla.

- Keep it simple. The more you try to prep...the more overwhelming it will feel. If you don't want your prepped meals for dinner....try making quesadillas with your prepped chicken or steak...and make an extra to have a leftover.


 

...............................................................................................
 

Once you try meal prepping a few times...you get the hang of it and it becomes easier and easier. It can be a little overwhelming at first but hopefully these tips can help you get started. 
 

Feel free to ask me any questions about meal prepping
and I will be happy to answer! Eating healthy is an important part of any weight loss journey.


Hope this gets you started in the right direction.
Have a great day!
Manda
................................................
http://forloveofacupcake.blogspot.com/p/meal-plans.html

1 comment:

I love to hear whats on your mind! I read every comment and it makes my day!!