Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Motivate Me Monday! Healthy Christmas Treat Recipes!

Let's Link Up for Motivate Me Monday!
I am co-hosting with Ashley and Whitney! Even if you didn't participate in this weeks challenge...you can still link up and tell us about anything in your life that is fitness related!


Thanks to everyone who joined last week!
For Love of a Cupcake
Today's Challenge/Topic is : 
(as stated in last weeks post HERE)
We challenge you to not over eat christmas snacks!
And share a healthy christmas recipe treat.


So I have to admit...I really didn't know any healthy recipes for a Christmas treat! One of the first things that popped into my head were pumpkin squares.
I searched and found one that I wanted to try. It just turned out ok. So I found another one on Spark People Here.
It turned out more like pumpkin bread but way better than the first one! 
I should have originally looked at one of my fav websites for yummy healthy foods...Eating Well. I found THIS recipe for Chocolate Cherry Snack bars. Hmmm...I may need to try those! I've also posted before a recipe for healthy low fat cinnamon coffee cake! SO GOOD! Click HERE for that recipe.
Alrighty...now for the recipe to the Pumpkin Bread Bars.

Ingredients
1 c egg whites or liquid egg substitutes
1 c unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 c sugar
2 c canned pumpkin
2 c flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray a 12 x 9 inch pan with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, applesauce, sugar, and pumpkin. Sift or stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Gently fold dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture; do not overmix. Spread evenly in pan. Bake until firm to touch and lightly browned, 30 minutes. Cool, then slice into 24 bars. If you desire, dust with powdered sugar just before serving. Serving size 1 bar. Less than 100 calories per serving!

Sorry I didn't make a better recipe for you ladies! I was hoping to find like a blondie bar pumpkin bar...

Do you ladies ever have a hard time finding healthy dessert recipes??

It seems there are plenty of healthy main dish recipes but not for dessert.

I still have a love/hate relationship with the gym right now. However, I have been drinking a lot more water and even drinking lots of green tea! 


NEXT WEEK'S CHALLENGE/TOPIC:

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Do you have any ideas for one of our challenges??
Let me know! forloveofacupcake@gmail.com

Now let's link up...


Now grab the button and visit my co-hosts Ashley and Whitney!


Have a wonderful day!!
Manda


  
<

6 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I love anything pumpkin :)

    Also, I was going through some emails, did I send you the info you requested for the button swap? I'm thinking I did not. I'm so sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never tried anything made
    out of pumpkin :)

    good post love! :D


    happy monday!
    xoxo
    Melina ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! those look super good. it is hard to find healthy desserts but no reason we can't start looking for those

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a healthy xmas recipe but to be honest I've never looked..ahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so so excited to have this recipe... yum! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear whats on your mind! I read every comment and it makes my day!!